Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Steriods: Who's to blame?


So Barry is in big trouble now. Someone is throwing allegations that he somehow used steroids to double his physical size at 37 years of age and break sacred home run records. I was terribly surprised and didn't know how to handle myself, really.

But my question is: Who is to blame for this? Our kids (well not "my kids" but figuratively speaking so...)are being influenced by a "role model" who shouldn't even be influencing a Flintstone character.

I think this started way before bonds, though. I don't think he is solely to blame for the steroid problem in sports today. We have to look back further and deeper into our cultural roots for that.

I think we have to look here!



That's right folks. Mario is to blame for our problems in sports today. You don't agree? Let's look at the very visible evidence!


He needs to grow a little bit to overcome an enemy? What is his remedy? Go train and practice and do it honestly and naturally? NO! He simply bangs his head on a block and consumes one of these!



Then he magically transforms into a larger, more powerful version of himself. It is absolutely ludicrous.




What kind of example is this setting for our children?!?!

So, it is only natural for poor little Barry to follow his own personal role models when he needs to grow a little bit.



I bet poor Barry was influenced at a young age. Here is the worst evidence of all!



What are we going to do?

No comments: