Monday, April 10, 2006

Determination of Freedom

It feels good to feel the freedom to sit and write once again.

“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
2 Corinthians 3:17

I currently find myself in my lovely little house here in Hilo Hawaii. I awoke this morning on a different island, Maui, but after a quick 7 am flight, I’m back where I began. The weekend was crazy and God is faithful. I got a chance to go to Maui, so I did. Wouldn’t you if $150 was all it cost?




The weekend was filled with whales, fish, a lost Japanese guy named Yuji who was introduced to the Name above all Names (you can pray for that), Krispie Kreme doughnuts (praise God), a lot of “chillin”, late night conversations, and very little homework done on my part.



I’m thankful for freedom. We serve a chain-breaking, big axe carrying, light-shinning, freedom giving, gracious, loving God; and all the darkness in the world, which we are contained in for the moment, TREMBLES at the sound of His name!






“Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.” Isaiah 26:8

I was walking with Kira (L) on campus today and the definition of “renown” was “something everybody should know, has no negative connotation, and you’re proud of.” Pretty good definition if you ask me, especially coming from a girl with no concept of the word in its truest form.

Why don’t you pray for Kira, right now. God is working on her heart.

(Did you pray for a prospective sister? This is one of those parts not to skip.)

Question: What’s you purpose in life? I’m not after a church answer. I’m after one that honest… just honest. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing on your mind? As you go through the day, what consumes your thoughts?

"I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord, that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." Isaiah 42: 6-8

No comments: